We are excited to announce that an updated but still-partial finding aid to the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of New York (FJP) subgroup I, covering the years 1909 to 1986, is now available here: http://digifindingaids.cjh.org/?pID=1944047.
This preliminary finding aid describes material of over 500 Bankers boxes (over a football field in length). The following sections of the collection are now available to researchers:
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee – including links to the digitized files of all of these minutes
- Files of the Executive Vice-Presidents
- Finance Department Annual Agency files
- Fundraising Department Campaign files – don’t miss the digitization of a wire recording of a 1957 campaign workshop
- The Brooklyn Federation of Jewish Charities files – many of these files have been digitized and are linked to the finding aid
We anticipate that these areas will be of immediate interest to researchers. Please note the following:
- If you would like to go directly to the folder lists and the digital files, use this link to the downloadable container list.
- If requesting boxes to see in the Reading Room, researchers are advised to use this form, with the reminder that boxes are off-site and must be requested at least 2 business days in advance of their visit
- A link to the partial finding aid for the UJA-Federation (UJF) subgroup IV (1986-2000) can be found here: http://digifindingaids.cjh.org/?pID=2188444
- And a link to the completed finding aid for the Oral History collection subgroup V can be found here: http://digifindingaids.cjh.org/?pID=365697
The completed finding aid to the entire FJP collection as well as the other subgroups will be available in the middle of 2015. Please stay tuned.